Mark West is a young scientist from Stanford University that work in UNESCO with ICT. He showed us a video of a future classroom made by Intel. After the film he tried to see wich pilars the vision stand on. Here is the list:
- Personalized learning
- Anytime – anywhere learning
- Immediate feedback and formative assessment
- New and wider communities of learners
- Seamless learning across devices
- Teacher as facilitator and expert mentor
- Greater collaboration and projectbased learning. Learners learn best by
- Expand the reach and equity of education
- Situated learning
Then he talked about three areas where ICT can be of big help:
- Minimize educational disruption in conflict and disaster areas.
- Improve administration with ”big data”
- Cost efficienty. You get more with less money.